Jan 19-25, 2020 Weekly Bulletin
*NPMA General Meeting 1/21
This Week’s Schedule
7:00-9:00 PM – Columbia Jazz Rehearsal
9:00 AM – Visual Ensemble Rehearsal
*all students will need to bring a lunch, extra snacks, AND a dinner/money for dinner at the competition.
NPMA General Meeting – Tuesday, Jan 21st
Guard Home Show Volunteers Needed!
Mark Your Calendars for Knight of Jazz – Friday, Feb 7th
Jazz families – We will need various forms of help/contributions. Please click the link below to sign up.
Business ads are needed for the KOJ program book. PLEASE consider advertising your or your friends’ / colleagues’ / relatives’ businesses in the program. Last year we sold only 4 ads and we can do much better!! This is a great way to fundraise for the jazz program. You do not have to be in the jazz bands to advertise!
Visual Ensemble Information
The first installment of your student fees is now due. Please be sure to put your check in an envelope marked with your student’s name and NPVE Activity Fee in the blue box in the band room.
SPIRITWEAR SALE IS OPEN!!!!
NPVE Spirtwear Link
- Be sure to click SUBMIT at the very end of the Review Order Page. Your order is not complete unless you receive an order confirmation via email. Contact the vendor with any questions.
- Orders will be accepted through January 23, 2020.
- Billing address and shipping address should be the same. All orders will be delivered to Andrea, who will distribute them at practice.
- Thank you for your order!
SCHEDULE WEEK OF JANUARY 20TH
Disney Trip FAQs – April 6-11, 2020
Payment Schedule & Deadlines
- 10/15/19- $100 initial non-refundable deposit-OVERDUE
- 10/15/19- Google form registration-OVERDUE/CLOSED
- 11/12/19- $250.00 installment due-OVERDUE
- 12/6/19- Bag Bingo Fundraiser- 50% of the proceeds go to Disney
- 12/10/19- $250.00 installment due – OVERDUE
- 12/16/19- Room sign up – View the Disney Room SignUp Genius
- 1/7/20- $500.00 installment due – OVERDUE
- 2/4/20- $400.00 installment due
- 4/3/20 – Luggage Check
- 4/6/20 – Travel Day (Times TBA)
- 4/7/20 – Hollywood Studios / Jazz Band (10:30am) & Chorus (4:45pm) on Marketplace Stage, Disney Springs
- 4/8/20 – Animal Kingdom / Concert Band (10:30am) on Marketplace Stage, Disney Springs
- 4/9/20 – Epcot & Special Dinner / Orchestra (12:00pm) on Marketplace Stage, Disney Springs
- 4/10/20 – Magic Kingdom / NPMK (2:30pm step off) in Magic Kingdom Main St Parade
- 4/11/20 – Travel Day (Times TBA)
*Disney reserves the right to change performance times at a moment’s notice.
*Disney Springs is free admission, but Magic Kingdom requires a ticket to see the parade. Students must be available 90-120 min prior to all performances as well as at least an hour after the performance to be able to get back to the parks. Please take this into consideration when making dining reservations.
If your child is a Band member, your payments will be payable to “NPMA” or you can use the Paypal button on the northpennmusic.com website after adding a 3% fee. Questions about payments can be directed to Jenny Platt by emailing npma.studentfinancials@gmail.
We were hoping to use the NPMA “Disney” fundraisers to bring down those children’s fees however with the airfare prices, we had to use those proceeds to keep the fee at a maximum of $1500.00. Transportation fees, chaperone, crew fees etc. will be paid by these fundraisers and will not be embedded in the children’s fees.
We have a lot of great fundraisers going on to help you fund your students fees and Disney trip. There is something for everyone!
January/February Mattress sale
Questions, contact Brad Jaffe at 610-888-3801.
>> Download the Mattress Sale Flyer
We are excited to offer 2 styles of umbrella. We will have a 60″ arc golf umbrella which will sell for $19.99 ($5 of each sale will go to your student as a credit). We will also be selling a 56″ arc folding umbrella which will sell for $17.00 ($3 of each sale will go to your student as a credit). Both umbrellas will be personalized with the NP logo in white. They are due to arrive on Monday so my hope is to have them at the parents meeting Monday night! Can’t make the meeting Monday night contact Jenn Karpf to make arrangements at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wawa Hoagie Coupons
Sherry Sutton will be selling Wawa Shortie Hoagie Coupons. Please contact her at
email@example.com to arrange a meeting time. The coupons are $4 with $1 going toward student credit.
Use this link when shopping Amazon Smile and the NPMA will benefit.
Amazon Smile link
New shopping online partner – Shutterfly
Shop at northpennmusic.shutterflystorefront.com. For every purchase you make through this link North Penn Music will receive 8%. You can get double your savings this week by purchasing a gift card through script (9% currently) and using it on your purchase.
- Pancheros 2nd Wednesday of every month (5-7pm) no flyer needed. 20% of their sales got to NPMA. >> Pancheros Flyer with details
- Mattress Fundraiser for January & February (going on now)
- Umbrella sales – available now!
- Candy bar sales
- Chipotle – February 9th from 4-8pm (flyer to be provided at a later time) – 33% will be donated.
Any questions, please contact Jennifer Karpf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GLScrip Bonus Rebates
A reminder to everyone that we can’t put videos of the show on social media – specifically because we purchase the rights to use the music in these programs and any posting of the music on social media can cause these programs to incur fines.
Remember to TAKE PICTURES!!
You can upload them to the Flickr Account – Info Below:
Should you be the one to create a new Album, here is the naming convention: “YYYY-MM-DD Name of the event or competition”. Please use this format so the albums stay in order.