September 24, 2023 Bulletin
- New!! Weekly Schedule
- New!! Band Meals Update
- New!! Concession Stand 9/29 Home Game Sign-Up Link
- New!! Hospitality Knights Info
- New!! NPMA Spirit Wear Update
- New!! Concession Stand 10/14 KOS Sign-Up Link
- New!! No Bus Circle Parking: FB Games & Comps
- New!! Photos from CB West (and any other band events!)
- Volunteering for Knight of Sound
- KOS Program Cover Contest
- Ongoing Fundraisers
- Knight Crew Sign-Up Link
- Ticketing for Home Football Games
- CHARMS Accounts
- Clearances for Chaperoning
- Open Volunteer Positions
- Band Lot Traffic Flow
- General Parent Meeting
- NPMK Practice Schedule
- NO REHEARSAL, YOM KIPPUR
- Student Leader Meeting 5:55 PM
- Rehearsal 6:30-9:00 PM
- Rehearsal 6:30-9:00 PM
Friday 9/29 – Home Football vs. CB West, 9th Grade Band Night
- Rehearsal – 3:30-5:00 PM
- Dinner/Change (provided by NPMA) – 5:00-6:00 PM
- Lineup – 6:00 PM
- March to Stadium – 6:05 PM
- Perform Pregame – 6:40 PM
- Approximate Pickup – 9:45 PM
- **Uniforms – Color Guard velvets, Band TRADITIONAL uniforms**
Saturday 9/30 – US Bands Show at CB South
- Rehearsal – 10:15 AM-3:15 PM
- Eat breakfast and bring a snack – we’ll have a snack break.
- Dinner/Load/Change – 3:15-4:45 PM
- Bus Lineup – 4:50 PM
- Depart for CB South – 5:00 PM
- Performance – 7:15 PM
- Awards – 8:30 PM
- Home – 9:45 PM
- Uniforms – show uniforms (will arrive this week)
Sunday 10/1 – EAGLES!
- A separate bulletin about the plan for this day will come out later this week
- Report time will be 10:30 AM in full uniform
Band Meals Update
NPMA will be providing two meals this coming week. Dinner before Friday’s football game will be pizza from Vinny’s Pizza in Hatfield. This will be served with chips and cut veggies.
Dinner before our first competition on Saturday will be baked ziti (meatless) from Giuliano’s Deli. This will be served with salad.
We are starting to run very low on desserts, so please consider signing up for this weekend or a future week. Thank you so much!
Have a great week as we look forward to starting the competition part of the season!
Michelle Ashley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurel Kennedy, npma.
Lisa Swartwood, lswartwood1@
Concession Stand Sign-Up: 9/29 Home Game
Please see the below signup link for Concessions for our 9/29 Home Game:
Hospitality Knights Info
Hospitality Knights begin this Thursday evening at 8pm. Spirit wear and snack items will be available for purchase. Come out and see what our kids have been up to! More details will be shared to the Facebook page later this week.
NPMA Spirit Wear Update
Spirit wear orders have arrived! I will be in the band lot on Tuesday before rehearsal from 6-6:30 to distribute. If you would like your child to pick it up please have them see me at that time! It will also be available to pick up during Hospitality Knight on Thursday evening from 8-9pm. If you have any questions please reach out email@example.com.
NPMA Spirit Wear Coordinator
Concession Stand Sign-Up: Knight of Sound
Below is the signup link for Concessions at Knight of Sound (KOS) on 10/14/23:
No Bus Circle Parking: FB Games and Comps
Please do not park along the curb of the bus circle adjacent to the band parking lot when picking up your student(s) from football games and competitions. The band loads/unloads in this area, and the busses need to be able to freely access the circle and pull up to the curb so the students can safely exit. Thank you!
See All the Photos from CB West (and any other band events!)
Photos from Friday night’s game are posted on our Flickr account, and you can look back at past albums for anything you may have missed, including volunteer photos from Photo Day. You are free to download any pictures you like of your Marching Knight!
Volunteering for Knight of Sound
Now that we have our chairpersons in place for Knight of Sound, we need volunteers! This volunteering goes toward your volunteer commitment for membership fees, and any grandparent, sibling, aunt, uncle you convince to help out counts toward your family’s hours. There are all kinds of positions available. We hope (and need) to see you there! Questions? Contact Andrea Hinderliter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-529-3017.
Andrea Hinderliter, Chair
NP Knight of Sound 2023
Knight of Sound Program Cover Contest
Calling all NPMK artists! We want YOU to design the cover for the Knight of Sound program. Submit your entry to email@example.com by Sunday, September 24. NPMK members will then vote for the winning design. The NP logo is available at northpennmusic.com/
- Size: 8.5” x 11” (don’t put anything important within a 1/2” of the margin)
- File format: pdf, jpg, or png
- Include the following info:
- Knight of Sound
- October 14, 2023
- North Penn High School, Lansdale, PA
Football Mania Fundraiser
- Football Mania is back by popular demand!
- Tickets will be E Tickets Only.
- For every ticket you sell, the student will earn a $10 student Charms credit.
- Prizes are awarded each week during the NFL football season!
- Football Mania Fundraiser
- Questions: Please contact Kevin Hendricks at NPMA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Freddy Hill Mini-Golf
Tickets are $6, good for any date. Students receive $1 credit in their Charms account. The tickets have no expiration. Contact Kevin Hendricks at NPMA.email@example.com
Wawa Hoagie Coupons
Wawa Shorti Hoagie Coupons are $5. Students receive $1 credit for each coupon. Contact Rachel Hendricks NPMA.publicity@
Philly Sports Raffle Tickets
Final Weeks are approaching….
- There is no requirement to sell; no minimum you must sell and no maximum limit to what you may sell.
- Unsold tickets and ONE check for all tickets sold are due back by September 30.
- Please put all into one envelope with your student’s name on the outside (if you do not use the original envelope, please write Philly Sports Raffle on the outside of the envelope also) and put everything into the Blue Box.
- Please make checks out to NPMA and put your student’s name, ID number and Philly Sports Raffle on the memo line.
- If you need more tickets, or have any questions, please contact npma.fundraising@
- Post on your social media with a note that this is the last call; you’ll be surprised how quickly these sell!!
- For every $20 ticket sold, $10 goes into your student’s CHARMS account.
RaiseRight (Scrip) Gift Card Fundraiser
Raise Right Orders are placed every other Sunday. Our enrollment code is: 3L9CAFEF13638. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. E-gift card purchases are ready to use once payment is completed on RaiseRight app. Tangible gift cards require shipping and delivery. During the summer, cards can be picked up before or after rehearsal on Thursdays. During the school season, cards will be available for distribution at hospitality night on Thursday nights. Coordinator: Rachel Ponzek
Knight Crew Sign-Ups
Wait, what… you haven’t signed up for Crew yet? *gasp* We welcome parents of all abilities to join in the fun, supporting OUR Marching Knights. Only available occasionally? That’s ok- join the Knight Crew roster here: https://forms.gle/
Below is the SignUp Genius Event Link for the Knight Crew. Events and times will be added throughout the season, so save this link and check back often!
Ticketing for Home Football Games
Tickets for all sports events at NPHS will go through the Hometown Fan app. It’s available for both Apple and Android users. Download the app, search by school (North Penn SHS), click North Penn SHS and you will see all the possible events that you can purchase tickets for.
Individual Game: Choose the game that you are attending, choose the number of tickets and check out from there. You will have to download your tickets to your device to show at the entrance.
Season Passes: You can also purchase Season Passes for the school year for all sports (not just football games). To do that, instead of choosing a particular game, please choose “2023-2024 Season Passes” and choose the option that works for you. Checkout from there.
Reserved tickets: when looking at the stadium from the field, the section to the right of the band is the reserved section for those that paid for a season pass with reserved seating. You may have been told this if you attempted to sit there ! If interested, contact Linda Law (email@example.com) to make sure that reserved seats are still available and here’s the link Season Reserved Seats (it’s also your ticket). Once purchased Linda will assign you a seat when you arrive at a game.
Where to sit? If looking for a place to sit at a game, the first 3 sections after the snack bar are a great area. You still have a great view of the field for the performance and you can still hear our kids play.
CHARMS accounts are available for you to see your student’s financial account information. The school code is NPennHSBand (capitalization matters) There are directions on how to log in at northpennmusic.com under the family resources tab. If you have difficulty logging in please email npma.studentfinancials@gmail.
Clearances for Chaperoning
As we prepare for a new Marching Knights season, it is time to update clearances. Clearances are required to volunteer and must be on file with the district and must be renewed every 60 months. Please follow these instructions:
- Visit the North Penn volunteer website at: https://www.npenn.org/for_
- Follow the instructions to obtain clearances.
- Complete this Volunteer Affirmation Form (if applicable).
- Put a note on the forms indicating that they are for NPMK.
- Please submit the required documents in one packet to the address as listed below. Documents may also be personally presented for copying in the District’s Office of School and Community Engagement for immediate return.
6. Have fun volunteering with the North Penn Marching Knights!
Open Volunteer Positions
Please consider volunteering!
- Audit (need two more volunteers)
- WP Home Show – 3.16.24; Chairperson needed!
- NP District Liaison
More information about the open positions can be found in the bylaws at northpennmusic.com under the “Family Resources” tab.
Band Lot Traffic Flow
The band lot has a one-way traffic flow–please see the map below and follow the traffic pattern as shown! When dropping off your student(s), please pull into a parking space rather than pulling up to the driveway to let them out (creates too much of a traffic jam!). Thank you!
General Parent Meeting – September
The next General Parent Meeting will be held on Monday, October 16 at 7:30 PM (A033). Minutes from the August general parent meeting: September General Parent Meeting Minutes
NPMK Practice Schedule
This information has been added to the NP Band Google calendar, but can change from time to time, so be sure you are reading the bulletin.
- The NPMK 2023-2024 Directory is linked in the upper right-hand corner of the bulletin every week for easy access.
- Subscribe to the NP Band Google Calendar. **
- If your child needs to miss any rehearsals, please complete the NPMK Absence Form http://bit.ly/NPMKabsence so the Director and staff can adequately plan.
- Please join our Facebook page for parents: 2023-2024 NPMA Parent Connection
**If this link does not work for you, please subscribe to the calendar by visiting your Google menu and entering the email address “firstname.lastname@example.org“
If you have previously been subscribed to a version of the NP Band calendar and unsubscribed, the links get particularly persnickety.