May 17-23, 2020 Weekly Bulletin
Director’s Message – Band Item Collection
The NPHS Administration has designated Thursday, May 21, from 2:00-7:00 PM, as the time for students to return school-owned items to their coaches and teachers for athletics and music. For Band, this is going to be a pretty big event as there are many things that need to be returned. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to navigate this very uncharted territory together.To start, please review this document to see what items your child will need to return: Band Student Obligations
The document is fairly straightforward. Marching Band and District Band students must return their NPMK uniforms. All students will need to return their folders and music. Students who have school-owned instruments and are in grades 10 and 11 may keep their instrument over the summer. The only exceptions are the Flugelhorns (Columbia Jazz) and any student who is NOT taking band class next year. Seniors must return school-owned instruments in addition to all other items. If you think there is a mistake on the list of obligations, please let me know. It is possible that your child’s folder or instrument may be in the school in which case, I will be able to confirm that.
As for the procedure of the return, please read the following:
1) The music staff will be on the lawn on the right side of the building (C-Lot). Please use the main entrance off of Valley Forge Rd. and immediately turn right. When you enter C-Lot, please stay to the right and proceed through the parking lot counter-clockwise.
2) Staff will be wearing masks and gloves and observing all social distancing measures. NPHS Administration will also be present to ensure safety for students and parents.
3) Only one student/parent will be allowed out of their car at a time.
4) To reduce crowd size, I have been asked by the administration to put together a schedule for drop-off. If you cannot attend at the scheduled time, please let me know as soon as possible. We can arrange alternate plans if necessary.
- Seniors – 2:00 – 3:30 PM
- Juniors – 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- Sophomores – 5:00-6:30 PM
- NPMK Freshmen – 6:30-7:00 PM
5) If there is something in the school that you need, this date is also the only opportunity for me to retrieve items for you. Please let me know if you need to PICK-UP something that day in addition to DROPPING OFF.
Thanks again for your patience and understanding with this process. We will make it as safe and convenient as possible for you. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
NPMA General Parent Meeting – Monday, May 18th @ 6:30pm
One tap mobile:
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 840 4065 7239
If you have any questions, please email Jen Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Board & Chairperson Election
@ General Parent Meeting 5/18
- President – Karen Diehl & Annemarie Thornton
- VP Fundraising – Andrea Hindliter
- VP Publicity – Jenn Karpf
- Treasurer – Open or Jen Logan will stay on for salary
- Asst. Treasurer – Alicia Hayes
- Student Financials – Jenny Platt
- Recording Secretary – Lori Vinitski
- Corresponding Secretary – Christy Johannesson
- Quartermaster – Rob Johannesson, Hope Heck, Kris Neild
- Refreshments(Concession) – Stephen Hammond, Brian Heck, (looking for another person to train)
- Sewing – Katy Joyce (looking for another person to train)
- Uniforms – Rose Durkin staying on
2020-2021 Marching Knights Schedule
Check it out here: 2020-2021 Marching Knights Schedule
Our committee is busy working on getting your refund back which is extremely slow in this environment. We appreciate your patience.
Here are our milestones so far:
- We have received funds back from Frontier.
- We have our travel agent who sold us the American Airline tickets fighting to refund our money versus giving us vouchers. We received the vouchers for the 38 that were on AA. We are trying to avoid handing out these vouchers as this will be a logistical nightmare.
- We received our initial deposit of $500.00 to the hotel when this was cancelled.
- Disney Youth Group has a skeleton staff working refunds so it’s been slow getting the money back for performance fees, dining cards and park tickets. This is over $100K. Our refund claim has been escalated to upper management since our Disney Youth Group travel team have been furloughed along with 100,000 employees. The Committee is working on some alternative plans to make our families whole as quickly as possible. We will communicate as things progress.
Treasurer, North Penn Music Aides
1277 Alexander Drive
Hatfield, PA 19440
Knights in Need
GLScrip Bonus Rebates
You are encouraged to use the ecard feature of GLScrip instead of ordering plastic cards. We will resume plastic card orders and deliveries once school re-opens.Thank you for understanding, contact Donna McDonnell at email@example.com with any questions.
A reminder to everyone that we can’t put videos of the show on social media – specifically because we purchase the rights to use the music in these programs and any posting of the music on social media can cause these programs to incur fines.
Remember to TAKE PICTURES!!
You can upload them to the Flickr Account – Info Below:
Should you be the one to create a new Album, here is the naming convention: “YYYY-MM-DD Name of the event or competition”. Please use this format so the albums stay in order.