Welcome to Marching Band! If you’re new, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
- When does practice start for the season?
New members usually start practicing the first week of June.
- What is the time commitment?
During the season, practice is typically Mon, Tues and Wed 6:30-9pm. On Fridays, practice is at 3:30pm. On Football game nights, band members have dinner at the school and then perform in the stand during the game. Saturday practice times vary based on the competition schedule.
- Is there practice all summer long?
Practices in the summer are every Tuesday from 6pm-9pm. There’s a mini-camp in June and band camp is the last 2 weeks before school begins. See what a Typical Summer Practice Schedule looks like.
- What do I bring to band camp every day?
Download this list of Supplies Needed for Marching Band to get the lowdown.
- What color socks should I wear for competitions and football games?
White knee length socks for competitions and blue knee length socks for football games.
- When do I need to pay my dues?
- What is the Blue Box used for and where is it?
Still have questions, send us an email and we’ll be happy to help.